Saturday 19 December 2015

CREATE YOUR DREAM EYESHADOW PALETTE TAG

There's no such thing as the perfect eyeshadow palette, at least, for me there isn't. I don't have money to throw at every palette I see, and I'm extremely fussy, so there are slim pickings in the perfect palette department. For this tag, I'm focusing on colour and finish, seeing as I can't comment on the formulas of some of these because I haven't tried them. (We don't even get Lorac in Australia.) 

1. Too Faced Natural Eyes, shades; top row + Silk Teddy and Nudie
When I first received this palette for Christmas a couple years back, I was absolutely obsessed with it. It was the only eyeshadow palette I had or needed, and it has remained in a special place in my heart for years since. Although I don't reach for it as much lately, the first row and first column contain five of my most loved eyeshadow essentials. I couldn't live without 'em. Pro tip: If you have black or very dark eyebrows that don't suit your brown hair in the slightest, you can lighten them up with a light to mid tone brown sparingly applied through. I do that with a mix of the browns in this palette.

2. Urban Decay Naked Basics 2, shades; all
If I had to take just one eyeshadow palette with me on a desert island, this one would be a strong contender. Lately I've been reaching for it everyday I wear makeup because it's absolutely perfect for a neutral/cool tone lover like me. I get equal use out of nearly every shade, although I don't reach for Primal as much as the others. Nevertheless, this entire palette definitely belongs in my dream palette.

3. NARS Eyeshadow Duo in St Paul De Vence, shades; 1 (pictured instead: Alhambra)
I don't own this, but I have swatched it in store and boy oh boy is it gorgeous. I'd choose the first lighter shade for my dream palette because to have a peachy/nectarine shade has always been a desperate dream of mine. Seriously, I need this shadow in my life. I'd just never be able to justify another NARS duo (I have one; Isolde, and I don't even use it that often).

4.  Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Fireball
Everyone needs a bit of fun colour in their life, and for me, that's wear Fireball comes in. It's the perfect colour for just washing over the lid, and it's absolutely gorgeous. Again, I don't own it, but my extensive research hasn't led me astray yet. I feel like this colour could also be substituted with Urban Decay Freelove, a peach with gold shimmer. 

5.  Lorac Alter-Ego Dream Girl, shades; 3, 4, 6, and 7
I will never be able to get my hands on this palette. Ever. Why do I put myself through this torture?! Okay, I'm a big neutral lover, but lately I've been craving the perfect summery colour packed palette. Shades 3, 4, 6, and 7 (I'm not sure if they have names) are exactly what I want. And I can't get them. Oh, the horror. 

6. Chi Chi Glamorous Eyes in Classics, shades; 2, 3, and 4 + 8 (not circled)
This isn't the prettiest palette, or the best quality, but it is an absolute necessity for my dream eyeshadow palette. 2 is a very warm mustardy brown, which is just always good to keep in my collection in case I randomly decide to embrace warm browns. 3 is my go-to eyebrow colour. 4 and 8 are very easy pale shimmery shades that I can wash over the lid with my fingers whenever I'm in a hurry. Love, love, love!

7. Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Sticks, shades; Gossip Green, Tempting Turquoise, Blamed Blue, and Bulletproof Beige
I love these, and I'm including them even though they aren't technically in the correct packaging for a palette. Who cares, right? These babies are beautiful, and although I don't have all of them, the blues, champagne, and green all look right up my street. I never go for bright greens, but mossy/olive greens compliment my olive skin and brown eyes. Also, I have this weird obsession with blue eyeshadow. I don't own any, but I feel a desperate need to get my hands on some. 

8. Too Faced Sugar Pop, shades; Rock Candy, Macaron, Peach Fuzz (not highlighted), Bubblegum, and Blue Raspberry
This, as well as the Lorac palette, was limited edition. It's already been taken off the Mecca website, so I am to be denied its beauty. Sad, considering that, although it doesn't look as beautiful as the Lorac one, it was basically my only chance to get a near perfect colour palette. It's the end of the world, but I can still dream that it's included in my dream eyeshadow palette. 

Well, there you have it; my dream eyeshadow palette. This list is by no means exhaustive, especially because I could certainly use more neutrals, but I feel like I've covered all my bases. This tag was fun, so be sure to give it a go yourself or create your dream palette in the comments below. I'll see you guys next time for Blogmas Day 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment