Tuesday 8 December 2015

CHRISTMAS MOVIES I HAVEN'T SEEN

I feel like this post will cause a lot of people a lot of stress. Let's jump straight in, shall we? 

1) Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas
I know almost nothing about this movie, which really shows how interested in it I am. I used to think this was a Halloween movie, but apparently it's not. Don't judge me, the pumpkins and creepy dead people are very misleading. 

2) It's a Wonderful Life
I know literally nothing about this movie, apart from the fact that everyone calls it a classic. Can you tell I'm not very into Christmas movies?

3) Elf
This is, arguably, the most popular Christmas movie ever. At least, overseas. I rarely hear Aussies talk about it, but I know that doesn't denote it's popularity. Nevertheless, from the glimpses I've caught of it, I think it's terrible. Am I the only person who doesn't like Will Ferrell or these terrible "comedies"?

4) Miracle on 34th Street
Again, I know nothing about this movie. I'm guessing it involves a miracle?

5) Love Actually
I thought this was a Valentines movie, but according to everyone I've ever talked to it's actually a Christmas movie. Who knew? Well, the title is kind of misleading. It is just another movie about a bunch of different couples. Is there anything else to it? 

6) Home Alone 
Oh, man. This movie, for most people, seems to be another classic that they watch every festive season. I, however, hadn't heard of it until last year. When it was brought to my attention, it just looked like another bad family movie. 

If you've made it to the end of this post, you deserve a medal. I can only imagine the incredulity many people will feel at this list. Oh, well! Happy Blogmas Day 6!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Love Actually! Such a good chick flick/Christmas movie. Ok sure, it isn't really THAT Christmas-y in the scheme of things, but I do like the sentiment of it (the importance of being around people you love at/around Christmas & how love in any form isn't perfect).

    The only other movie I've seen on your list is Home Alone, but it was so long ago that I don't remember much about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make Love Actually sound pretty good - I might have to check it out!

      Delete