Wednesday 2 December 2015

COVERGIRL CLUMP CRUSHER MASCARA REVIEW



When it comes to mascaras, Covergirl kicks ass every damn time, and you can quote me on that. Clump Crusher is by no means a new addition to their mascara line, but I still want to get a review up now as next week I'll be doing a comparison post with this and the new Clump Crusher Extensions mascara. 

Firstly, I should probably say that if I was stuck on a desert island, this would be the one mascara I would take with me. A bold statement, I know, but now it's out there I can't take it back. It's not like I'd want to take it back, because the Clump Crusher is everything I'm looking for in a mascara. It gives me a decent amount of volume and length, blackens my lashes, and defines & separates like no other mascara on the market. Again with the bold statements, but I can't help myself!

My tube is old (embarrassingly old), but that does negate my ability to give you an honest review because even as this mascara slowly dries up, it still does an amazing job with my lashes. So, let's get reviewin'.

This mascara retails for $18.95AUD, and comes in the shades 'Very Black' and 'Black/Brown'. I can't comment on the brown shade because I don't use brown mascaras, but the black shade is indeed very black as the name would suggest. It's highly pigmented, but not so much so that you need to be worried about showing up to work or school one day looking like you've dipped your eyelashes in tar. 

Covergirl have also done a great job with the formula of this mascara. It isn't so wet that you have to wait around for a few minutes before you apply another coat, let alone walk out the door. Whoever was in charge of formulating this mascara has found the perfect middle ground between dunking your face in Octopus ink and scraping your lashes with a cactus. In conjunction with the slightly curved, short bristled plastic/silicon brush (which you should use both sides of to crush those clumps!), clumpy lashes will be a thing of the past. This also means that, for those of you who are partial to dramatic, voluminous lashes, there's no need to worry about spidery or goopy lashes. 

With one coat, I get amazing definition/separation, and some decent volume and length. With two coats, the separation and definition I achieved with one is preserved while I get even more length and volume. With three coats, I get serious length and volume. Like, wow. L & V city right here. I've also noticed that while it doesn't seriously add curl to my lashes, it won't make them droop even with three coats. If you're after some serious curl, this is something to keep in mind. I'd recommend the Bourjois Beauty'full Volume mascara if you're after something natural that also holds a curl. 

I think I'll call off this rave review before I start gushing, but I do seriously recommend this mascara as well as all other Covergirl mascaras. I give this a 5/5 stars, and will definitely have a tube of this in my collection at all times! Comment below, what's your opinion on this mascara? What's your desert island mascara? Happy Blogmas Day 2, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment