Thursday 31 December 2015

2015 SKIN AND BODY CARE FAVOURITES

Skincare is one of my biggest weaknesses. You can spend as little or as much as you want on makeup, but skincare is something I always recommend investing in and experimenting with. To improve or help your skin, skincare is a better option than slapping some makeup on your face. It actually does something to help fix whatever problem you want fixed, as apposed to hiding it. So, let's jump into my 2015 Skin & Body Care Favourites!

1. Natio Wellness Body Scrub
When I first tried this, I thought it smelled disgusting. To this day I still suck at describing it, but I guess it's a fairly typical herby and sugary Natio scent. The product itself, however, I could go on about all day. It does a superb job of buffing away dead, flaky skin and leaving my whole body looking fresh with regular use. It also doesn't wash away immediately when it comes into contact with water, so you have time to scrub at your skin. However, you'll need to apply some common sense like not using it directly under the shower, or there won't be any point in even trying to exfoliate. Nonetheless, it's a kickass and fairly gentle product that I recommend to everyone.

2. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturising Body Oil
I have very sensitive skin, so I can't use normal moisturiser or shaving cream when it comes to getting rid of pesky hairs. Palmer's oils (every single one), however, are right up my street. They soften my skin while allowing me to not worry about those horrible stinging red bumps I used to get after shaving. Also, they won't just wash away when you accidentally put a limb straight under the stream of water, which is nice. 

3. Simple Kind to Skin Micellar Cleansing Water
This stuff is a brilliant makeup remover. Seriously. It's probably the best I've ever tried, and the cheapest, too. It simultaneously removes my makeup, cleans my skin, and nourishes it. I just. Love. Buy it. Please. You need it. 

4. Antipodes Juliet Skin-Brightening Gel Cleanser
Oh. My. God. This cleanser is my favourite cleanser of all time, and I will happily repurchase it again and again until I die. Perfect for combination or oily skin, it helps to maintain oil production on my face while brightening my skin. It tackles two of my skin concerns at once: dullness, and oiliness. This gel cleanser foams as you rub it into your skin, which I know is a concern of some people, especially those with dry skin, but I don't you'll have that problem with this cleanser. The foam is very nourishing and creamy, as un-foam-like as you can get while still being a foam. It also removes any residual makeup or dirt very well, but I have to rebut the claims that it does anything for blemishes. It, unfortunately, doesn't. 

5. Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial 
First of all, I want to say this stuff is crazy expensive. It's totally overpriced because it really doesn't last very long, so if you buy products with a heavy focus on value for money, perhaps give this one a miss. However, it leaves my skin looking awesome, as in I literally stand in front of the mirror in awe for five minutes before moving onto the next step in my skincare routine. It exfoliates, brightens, softens, everything. I'd marry it, if I could. 

6. Sanctuary Spa Covent Garden 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask
You leave this mask on for 5 minutes, let it heat up, wash it off, and bam, clearer looking skin. It minimises my pores, thoroughly cleans my skin without being stripping, and brightens, all for the cheap price of 20 bucks. You really do get your money's worth.

7. Clarins Hydra-quench Cream Mask
I bought this in winter because I'd read great reviews about it working for oily skin in need of hydration. I used it through winter twice a week religiously, and noticed a significant difference in how supple and hydrated my skin was. Now I use it after my Ren Flash Rinse and Sanctuary Spa 5 minute mask, as a way to inject a little moisture after that much exfoliation and detoxing. As we get further into Summer, this mask tends to be a "better safe than sorry" kinda thing, rather than an "oh my god my skin is so dry" thing. 

8. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate
If you haven't heard of this stuff, I'm genuinely surprised. If you have heard of it, I'm sorry, because I'm just going to rave about it more. This stuff works overnight (I use 4 drops) to soften and brighten skin, diminish redness and blemishes, resurface, and just generally do a little bit of everything. Now, be warned, it won't do a brilliant job at all of these things. The results are often small and/or gradual, but in the long run entirely worth it. I'd never go back to how my skin was before, because with continuous use I still notice that my skin is improving even months later.

9. Ren ClearCalm 3 Replenishing Gel Cream
The idea behind this cream (actually, the whole range) is to target the three main causes of breakouts: oiliness, bacteria, and dead skin cell build up. I've definitely felt and noticed the difference in my skin; it feels replenished, soft, cleaner, and it's less likely to break out. When a breakout happens, this stuff won't stop it, but it definitely helps to diminish the results of breakouts like redness or scarring. Love it! Unfortunately, like with the Ren Flash Rinse, I use this up fairly quickly, so value for money is debatable. 

Well, that's it for my 2015 Skin & Body Care Favourites! It's also the last blogpost on Gypsies of 2015! If you're interested in reading about 2016 Resolutions or Things I Want to Accomplish in 2016, you can check out those posts on my other blog, Candid Jesse. 

Thank you so much for sticking with me this year, despite my erratic and almost nonexistent posting schedule. I can't promise that I'll improve next year, what with school and everything, but I can say that I will continue to try to post as often as I can. I'll continue trying to improve the quality of my content, and I'll continue to maintain some sort of relationship with my readers. You guys are amazing, and I appreciate you so much. Thank you for a wonderful 2015, and here's to an even better 2016.

What are your 2015 skincare and body care favourites? x

4 comments:

  1. I have never tried any of these products but Simple Micellar water looks very tempting. Trilogy rosehip oil was my favourite product in 2015, I regret why I tried it too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend the Simple Micellar water! It's the best makeup remover I've tried.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the Sanctuary Spa mask - a must have for winter, since it feels so nice and warm hehe! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 100% at your back for this assignment help australia road safety forum you are having. It's a great way of instilling to the people the value of safety when on the road and thus, preventing any accidents from happening. In our country, the rate of minor road accidents assignment writers servirce australia seems to rise so this forum would be helpful especially if attended by people mainly using the road for transportation.

    ReplyDelete