Wednesday 30 December 2015

2015 MAKEUP FAVOURITES

This will be my first time doing a yearly favourites post, so I'm quite excited to share with you guys the products I've been loving throughout 2015. Today's post is exclusively for makeup, but you can tune in tomorrow for a skin and body care favourites. I'd also appreciate it if you checked out my 2016 New Years Resolutions post and 16 goals for 2016 post on my other blog, Candid Jesse. Moving on from shameless plugs, let's get down to some favourites, shall we?

1. Chi Chi Cosmetics Glamorous Eyes palette in Classics, shade; 3*
While I am a big fan of this entire palette, the third shade is by far my most loved. It's the perfect shade for filling in my (almost black!) eyebrows and making them look at least somewhat similar to my brown hair. It's easy to apply, pigmented but not too pigmented, and stays very well despite this being a fairly budget palette. If you know the struggle of black brows and brown hair, I'd highly recommend buying this palette just for the third shade. Oh, who am I kidding? The whole palette is wonderful!

2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
I don't use foundation very often, preferring to just slap on some concealer where I need it and blend with my fingers. I find this to give me the most natural finish, and it's also much easier for me than fiddling with a brush. The NARS Radiant concealer is the best one I've tried. It offers a medium buildable (yes, I know it's not a word...) coverage, and a natural glow to the skin that still translates through a mattifying powder. It'll definitely be matte, but this concealer seems to always make me look healthy no matter what powder I apply overtop. It's an amazing allrounder concealer, and I honestly don't know where I'd be without it. 

3. Bourjois Kohl & Contour 16h Eyeliner Pencil in Noir Expert 
This eyeliner is my favourite black eyeliner of all time. I prefer it to any Rimmel eyeliners, which sounds like a big statement considering Rimmel is basically the God of affordable eyeliner. The Bourjois Kohl & Contours are perfect for my sensitive eyes, because while they're very pigmented and have excellent staying power, they have a soft and relatively thin formula that doesn't irritate my eyes. Thicker formulas can make it difficult to blink, especially when I tight line or waterline. This pencil also blends beautifully, and generally kicks ass. 

4. Urban Decay Naked2 Basics eyeshadow palette*
For a natural, everyday look, this palette was my go-to throughout the whole of 2015. I've gotten a lot of use out of every shade, but they don't show many signs of the love I've given them. I particularly like the charcoal-grey colour, Undone, for a natural winged line. This cool toned palette is hands down my most used and most loved collection of eyeshadows from 2015. 

5. Innoxa Pure Silk Skin primer
I've heard this primer be compared to the famous Hourglass ones, and while I can't comment on that because Hourglass is way out of my price range, I truly think this is one of the best cheaper primers you can get. It smoothes and resurfaces my face, helping makeup to glide over my face and actually stay there. Love!

6. Innoxa Blush duo in Rose & Berry
This is the only blush I own (apart from a crappy cream one by Revlon), and while Berry doesn't get much love, I use Rose religiously. Rose is matte, and Berry has nearly invisible silver glitter in it that don't translate onto the skin, but leaves a natural glow. Rose also makes me look glowing and healthy, despite it's matte finish. This duo is quite sheer and soft, but can be built up to be very pigmented – especially Berry

7. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed powder in Translucent 
This is the only setting powder I own, but for good reason. It's seriously amazing at mattifying my base without leaving it look flat or cake-y. The product has lasted ages, which is another bonus, so I'll be waiting a long time until I hit pan.

8. Covergirl Clump Crusher Extensions mascara in Very Black*
Covergirl mascaras are probably my favourite of all the ones I've tried. I was, originally, going to list the original CC as a 2015 favourite, but I've loved it for so long that I thought it would make more sense to include its newer counterpart. My opinions on them are pretty much the same, anyway, although the CC Extensions is a little better for building.

Honourable Mentions

9. Stila One Step Correct primer
I don't love this product. It doesn't do much, especially in relation to the claims made by Stila. However, I use it whenever I do my makeup because it offers a soft, moisturised base for my other primer and my concealer. I wouldn't use it if it made absolutely no difference, but it does diminish redness and brighten my face a little. 

10. Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner pencil in Pure White
I have quite small eyes, so I do whatever I can to make them look bigger and brighter. Lining my waterline with a white pencil is the perfect way to do that. This specific eyeliner doesn't have phenomenal lasting power (it's actually pretty poor), but I'm adding it here as more of a place holder for the simple act of lining my waterline in white. That in itself is a massive favourite. 

11. Bourjois Colourboost lip crayons
I own the red, coral, and purple shades of these lip crayons and I love them all. They're creamy, pigmented, easy to apply, I could go on all day. My favourite thing about them is that they dry down matte, and wear off very evenly. The only reason they aren't listed as an official favourite is because I really don't wear them that often. 

12. NARS Audacious mascara 
I got a deluxe sample of this mascara from Mecca, and let me just tell you, it makes my lashes look damn good. Volume, length, definition, I will sing the praises of this stuff until someone removes my vocal cords. My only complaint, and the reason it's not an official favourite, is that it tends to flake into my eyes easily when I first apply it; I get to deal with painfully annoying gunk in my eyes. 

Well, that's it for my 2015 makeup favourites! What were your makeup favourites for 2015? Let's chat in the comments!

*an asterisk means I've done a review of the product in another blogpost, so you can click on the asterisk to go check that out! Also, does anyone know how to get rid of the underline when linking to another website/page? Could anyone help me out with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment