Friday 30 January 2015

TAKING A BREAK

My dearest blog, 

I never thought I'd be saying this. I thought we'd grow old together and always be a part of something wonderful, you know? But life goes on, sometimes things you never expected get in the way of what you, what we want. I should say now, before I get into everything, that I love you. I truly do. You were there for me when I felt alone, you picked up the pieces when I felt broken, you helped me sort out my life when some of those pieces were still lost. 

This is difficult for me to say, but we need to take a break. Well, I'm the one who needs a break. It's not you, it's me. I hate to be so cliché, but that's the only explanation I've got. I doubt that's a surprise to you, my beautiful blog, right? You know me better than I know myself, that sometimes I struggle with words. I struggle when it really counts, and have let you down. I am so sorry, but it's been a long time coming. 

When I say a long time coming, I been it's only been a week or two coming, but still. You get my point, right, Gypsies & Pixies? Life has gotten pretty crazy right now (I know that sounds like a line, but I promise it isn't) and I don't think I've got time to focus on you. I have school, a life to get on with, and all those pieces that I need to put back together. You taught me that, to get on with it and try my hardest at everything. Well, this is just something I have to do. 

Please, don't worry. I'll be back soon. I love you too much to stay away for more than a week or so, and I'll still be around. It's not like I just up and left one night without so much as a note, because if I ever put you through that I would hate myself. I just don't think I can be with you all the time anymore. We were together so often that I forgot who I was, I forgot that I still had a life outside of us, that this heavy summer romance would have to end. 

When I come back to you, my darling blog, I don't expect you to forgive me instantly. But just know that when I come back I'll be with you 100%. I'm in this for the long run, and who knows? Maybe after our little break, something bigger and better will begin. 

~~~

Readers, 

That last line? Foreshadowing at it's finest. You'll have to wait and see, but there are a few exciting projects in the works that I'm very excited to share with you! Anyway, this break isn't permanent or anything. I've barely posted in the last week or two, and as much as I've been trying to just sit down and write, the muse isn't speaking to me. So, I'm taking a break. Only a small one, as I mentioned in that awesome (in my entirely biased opinion) letter. 

I appreciate each and every one of you so much; whenever I see a new comment I get giddy with excitement. It's not pretty, I giggle and squeal like a little girl. Hella embarrassing, but that's just how great connecting with readers makes me feel. I do love each and every one of you, but I've kind of fallen out of love with blogging. Don't worry, I'm working on getting that muse again, and I'm sure I'll be back better than ever real soon. Thank you x 

No comments:

Post a Comment