Friday 2 January 2015

MECCA COSMETICA CHRISTMAS HAUL







I was a very lucky girl this Christmas; my grandma gave me a Mecca Cosmetica gift card! I hopped straight on the Mecca website on December 27th (my order arrived in 3 business days) and ordered some goddamn beautiful products that I thought I'd share with you all. Notice how I only bought four things? Yeah, that's called mega self-restraint – I'm proud of myself. Also, sorry about the iffy quality of some of the photos above, lighting is such a bitch.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla: I've been wanting this concealer ever since I got into makeup and heard of NARS. A good concealer is everything, in my opinion, so I'm absolutely thrilled to have it in my collection! This shade does have a slight pink undertone of which I'm very wary, but I've swatched it a a few times and it blends out beautifully. 

NARS Concealer in Chantilly: At the moment, Chantilly is actually the correct shade choice for me as the tan I got while on holiday has already faded. They seem to never have this shade in the Radiant concealer so I settled for Vanilla which is perfect for when I'm tanned. This particular concealer is a stick concealer, and I'm so glad to have something that matches my skin tone perfectly when I'm without a tan. 

NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Isolde: I am a lover of gold, bronze, and copper eyeshadows. This is also my very first NARS eyeshadow, and I'm in love. I've not even used it yet, but I'm already in love. We're meant to be, and I can tell it will be a life long friendship. 

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette: I've been scouring the internet to find the perfect neutral eye shadow palette, and although I came close with Chi Chi's Nudes palette, I never quite found what I was looking for. That is, until I saw this gorgeous palette from Too Faced. It has everything I want except for a nice copper, which I found in the NARS duo. Utter perfection, and I feel very lucky to have it.

Free Samples: With every online purchase (no matter the cost), Mecca gives you the option to select three free samples to add to your basket. I chose a brightening moisturiser and anti-aging moisturiser from Talika, and another moisturiser from Malin+Goetz. I've never heard of either of these brands, so I hope the products will work with my sensitive skin!

I am absolutely thrilled with all my purchases, and I feel very lucky to have some luxury makeup in my stash. The only downside is that luxury makeup (basically any makeup that's not originaly from Australia) is usually around double the price here. I'm just incredibly glad that we have Mecca, otherwise I don't know where I'd get NARS or Too Faced products!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely haul!! The Nars eyeshadow looks gorgeous. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've only used the NARS duo twice so far and I'm already in love!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete