Monday 5 January 2015

MY 2015 READING CHALLENGE

I love reading, I think that's abundantly clear to you all, or at least it definitely should be. Ever since I was little I've loved hearing and reading stories about otherworldly places, about experiences unique to my own, about people and things that I might never know more about than from the pages of a book. There's nothing else in this world that means more to me than my beloved books and the stories that are stored in my head.

What better way to prove my love and adoration for these stories than by adding more of them to my library? I can't get enough, and I never want to stop reading. However, that sounds hella unrealistic and slightly mental, so I'm setting myself a challenge. It's very manageable, especially with distractions like school and friends–oh who am I kidding? What friends? If/when I complete it, I'll feel like I've actually accomplished something. I love that feeling, and I want to feel it more often. Wait, that sounds really dodgy, doesn't it? Dammit! One post, Jesse, one post without an innuendo! 


Without further ado; 30 books in 2015

It sounds really simple and easy, especially now that I've actually typed it out, but I doubt I'd have time enough in the year to finish more than that. Also, I don't exactly have the cash to accommodate my crazy obsession. This year, I want to do more of what I love, so reading is at the top of my to-do list. 30 books is a small list, but I'm not bothered if it's big or small. Hehe, okay, there's another innuendo for you. I don't know why I bother avoiding the inevitable.

2 comments:

  1. You don't need cash to get a library card. I live in an inner city Sydney suburb, so my library is very well stocked. I almost live at my library.
    I've had reading goals for the past few years: Dickens in 2012 (bicentenary of Dickens' birth); the big Russian classics for a year; French literature for a year. I don't know what to do this year. I need to hit more nonfiction to balance the last few years, but I want to veg out & read some science fiction.
    Great goal & good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely forgot about my library card, thanks for reminding me! I've had it for ages, but the libraries where I live aren't as great as they once were *sheds tear*. While I do love some nonfiction, it's not nearly as much fun as vegging out & reading some science fiction:)

    ReplyDelete