Thursday 14 August 2014

What Are You Doing With Your Life? | Think About It Thursday

When I'm on Tumblr or talking with my friends, they always ask "what are you doing with your life?" Usually I just laugh and say something sarcastic, but this comment really does affect me because I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I get that they're usually just saying something offhand, but that's one of the few things that really get to me. 

I'm absolutely hopeless at the moment, because I really don't know what I'm doing with my life. It's like the whole world is passing me by and I'm not totally sure where I'm going. I know what I want to do; be a writer. I want to write books, short stories, my blog. I'd like to start Youtube, and my secret nerdy if I could be anything wish is to be a singer. Ah man, how original. However, I just don't do anything about it. 
Why? 


Well, I could enter singing competitions or try and get my written works out there - but I'm terrified. I'm such a perfectionist and procrastinator that if I've already wasted too much time doing something, there's no point in doing it because I can't get it perfect. I know this is an awful attitude to have, especially as I'm still in school. But with the ridiculous pressure that I put on myself teamed with the pressure others put on me, I tend to just lose it. I don't know what I'm doing, and every single person I know keeps telling me that's a bad thing. 

We're treated like children and not allowed to make any of our own decisions, but all of a sudden when you reach a certain age adults expect you to have everything figured out. Wtf guys?!

No comments:

Post a Comment