Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Chocolate Book Tag | Tag Tuesday

1) Dark chocolate: a book that covers a dark topic
This is quite a dark urban fantasy about ghosts, drugs, alcohol, sex, and insanity. It's an amazing read, and I've definitely previously mentioned this series by Stacia Kane on my blog before. Everything about this book is quite dark, and all round amazing.

2) White chocolate: your favourite lighthearted/humorous read
I don't own any books that are shelved under the comedy category. I've got urban fantasies or paranormals that are quite funny/light-hearted compared to Downside Ghosts. This Rachel Hawkins trilogy is all about magic, supernatural beings, and young love, plus it's hilarious. It's quite an easy read, but has a intricate backstory that most 'the protagonist is the chosen one' books fail to achieve. There's actually a good reason for our lovely protagonist being the 'chosen one'!

3) Milk chocolate: a book with a lot of hype that you're dying to read

4) Caramello: a book that makes you feel all gooey in the middle while you read it
This sweet treat by Jennifer E. Smith had me giggling, crying, and doing that weird shimmy dance I do whenever I get to a really good part in a book. You know, that embarrassing dance that you do when you're just thinking oh my god how cute

5) Kit Kat: a book that has surprised you lately 
This M.J. Putney novel definitely surprised me, but unfortunately not in a good way! I don't want to spoil too much, as I'm posting a review of this book next week. 

6) Picnic: a book you are going nuts about
 I can't remember if I've raved about this vampire urban fantasy series by Chloe Neill yet, so I'm mentioning it again! I'm only three books in, and already love it. I must say that the series is a lot more heavily focused on romance than I'd like, but that hasn't discouraged me from this awesome series! Which is seriously saying something, btw. 

7) Hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows: a book that you would turn to for a comfort read
Okay, I know I've probably mentioned these series about a thousand times, but these are definitely books I turn to for comfort reads. It's because I know these beloved characters very well, and whenever I reread the books I feel like coming home after a long journey. A note to Rachel Caine & Alyxandra Harvey: thank you!

Feel free to do this tag, it's lots of fun and I'd love to read your responses! Comment below with any requests for future posts. I love you all!

~zì jiàn!~

No comments:

Post a Comment