Wednesday 20 August 2014

Happy Birthday to Me | What's Up Wednesday

I've never been one for birthdays because as much as I want to enjoy myself, I never really do. 
However, apart from one or two things, my birthday this year was really fun. I don't know if it was my attitude towards birthdays, or the effort my friends and family went to to make this day special, but it's been an amazing day! If I could, I'd relive this day over and over!


That GIF is kind of irrelevant seeing as that's not how I woke up this morning (I stayed in bed as long as possible, so not a morning person), but that's how I felt by the end of the day. It seems silly using how much attention you give a person on one day as a measurement of how much you love 'em, but hey. I'm not one to turn down cake.


Speaking of cake, two of my friends surprised me with a delicious chocolate cheese cake. My mum also baked some yummy cupcakes, which surprised me because she's not one for baking. The cupcakes were delicious! The Chinese takeaway I had for dinner was also amazing, as it is my favourite takeaway food ever


Before writing this post I genuinely did promise myself that I wouldn't make it all about food, and what have I done? God dammit Jesse! Anyway, like I mentioned before, I tried really hard to change my attitude towards the 20th of August to make the most of my day. I thought it would be hard, seeing as I'm so used to hating my birthday, but it wasn't! Looking forward to spending time with the people I love made everything awesome, and I appreciate the thought that went into making my day awesome. I say that like it was really extravagant and crazy, when in reality we did almost nothing. However, that's exactly what I wanted!

What are your thoughts on birthdays? Do you share the same mind set as me, or do you always make the most of birthdays? Leave your thoughts in the comments! I love you, little pixies!

~zì jiàn!~

No comments:

Post a Comment