Thursday 21 August 2014

Finding Yourself | Think About It Thursday

Every time I hear the words "find yourself", I inwardly cringe. Actually, if I hear someone say that I call 'em out on it.


Why, you may ask? Because that saying is dumb. I'm not in need of being found, I know exactly where I am. Sitting on the couch with the laptop at a really awkward angle, and that's probably what you're doing too (the exact piece of furniture & electronic may vary). It doesn't take some deep, magical journey through a jungle to find yourself.


I know I'm making light of this, so on a serious note I'll say something serious (such a way with words). Although the way people say 'find yourself' sounds ridiculous, it's important to do so. Understanding who you are as a person, knowing what your morals and values are, doing things that make you happier, they are the important things. That's such a mouthful, no wonder people've shortened it to 'finding yourself'. I still hate that term though. It sounds like something cheesy and deep, when really it's just describing growing up. 

As you grow up, you're still finding yourself. Although you're considered all grown up by the time you're 18, you never really stop growing up, thus you never really stop searching for yourself. There's always something you feel that you can improve on, something new you want to try, always something that you could maybe change. Change is good. Finding yourself is good. Just don't overdo it, like the idiots who came up with the term 'finding yourself'.

~ziì jiàn!~

No comments:

Post a Comment