Friday 31 October 2014

L'Oreal Colour Riche NutriShine Lipstick | Review


Swatched in sunlight
Swatched in the shade
I'm not one for wearing bold lip colours, preferring balms & glosses over lip sticks & lacquers. However, I've been on the lookout for a nice red lip colour for a while. After looking at a lot of reviews online, I picked up the L'Oreal Colour Riche NutriShine lipstick in Strawberry Juice at my local Priceline. 

This pinky-red is a beautiful colour on the lips, looking very vibrant and pigmented which is a plus for a lot of people. This sucks for me, because I was after something slightly more sheer, but that's more of a personal preference. This lippy applies beautifully, if a little patchy, so you will have to apply a couple of coats to build it up to an opaque finish.

It definitely doesn't moisturise like a balm or treatment, but I never except lip colours to do that simply because it's not what they're used for. I applied my Oralife Peppermint Lip Treatment underneath, and that sheered it out quite nicely while giving my lips the moisture they needed. However, because it is quite glossy and balmy, this lipstick stayed on my lips for less than an hour before disappearing in a hideous patchy mess.

It's a nice lippy for a short event or for days when I want a nice lip colour to make my face look a little better. The colour range is stunning, so that's a bonus, although it's impossible to get some of the colours in Australia. Bummer. The packaging is also gorgeous, and you hear a very satisfying *click* when you put the cap back on. No need to worry about the damn thing breaking if you're on the go!

I know I don't sound super excited about this product, and that's because I'm not. When purchasing it I was ecstatic, almost bouncing up and down while waiting in the queue. If the staying power was better, and if it didn't cost $19.95, I'd consider getting one or two more shades. However, L'Oreal tests on animals, and I just can't justify buying their products to myself.

3.3/5 stars. I just don't love this lipstick, which pisses me off because the colour is so goddamn beautiful. The colour is pretty, but the thing doesn't have much else going for it.

~Ciao!~

No comments:

Post a Comment