Monday 13 October 2014

Models Prefer Powder/Eyeshadow Dual Ended Brush | Review




If I had the money, I'd be the biggest brush whore around, but as I am still in school I'm never able to splurge on a shit tonne of fancy brushes. While walking around Priceline a few months ago, I spotted this dual ended Models Prefer brush and thought I'd give it a go due to the reasonable price tag. 

I had a few reasons for picking this brush up. It's always handy to have a couple dual ended brushes for convenience when travelling, and they take up a lot less space in my brush pot than having two separate brushes. My decision to buy this brush, however, was impeded slightly by the pretty red bristles (hehe). I wish I hadn't been so obsessed with the colour of the bristles, because that's the only sort of good thing I have to say about this brush!

Where do I begin? The bristles are very prickly and harsh on my face; so much so that my skin felt extremely irritated and I had to remove my makeup to reapply it with softer brushes. Ridiculous! The eyeshadow end was a little softer than the powder end, so I have used it a few more times than the latter. 

The eyeshadow bristles weren't very tightly packed, and very flimsy, meaning I found it extremely difficult to get a decent look without my eyeshadow looking messy. I also feel like the head is a little too big (dirty?), and I just couldn't work with it. I'm not the best at applying eyeshadow, so I find that smaller brushes are a lot easier for me to use. Another downside to the lack of density was the poor colour payoff on my lids. That isn't a huge bother for me, as it means there's less chance of me stuffing up my makeup, but it just means I have to put in a lot more effort when I really can't be bothered. 

The eyeshadow end definitely seems like a blessing compared to the powder end of the brush. As I mentioned before, the bristles irritated my face so much that I had to try and remove some of the powder on my face and reapply with my essence powder brush (love it!). I do have very sensitive skin, so I could be overreacting a little. Actually, I know I'm reacting a lot. I'm just very disappointed because the bristles felt absolutely awful. I could forgive everything else if the bristles were softer, because I think the initial shape of the brush is very good for applying finishing powder. Unfortunately, the brush has lost it's shape a little since I first bought & photographed it. Not a lot, but enough for me to comment on it. 

I have always been quite wary of Models Prefer. I'm not sure why, I've just never really been a fan of any of their products (except their Runway Shine Lip glosses! Love them!). This powder/eyeshadow dual ended brush has set my feelings in stone, and I doubt I'll be purchasing anything else from Models Prefer in the future. 

Sorry this review was really negative, I'll make sure to have a positive post ready for Friday! I'm also sorry for the crappy photos; these were taken before I started taking photos outside with natural lighting. I cringe every time I scroll up to see them! Anyway, I love you all, and will talk to you very soon.

~Ciao!~

No comments:

Post a Comment