Friday 24 October 2014

Ultimate Book Tag #2 | Bookie Bits

What are you reading right now?
Soulless by Gail Carriger. I picked this up a couple weeks ago because I adore Gail's Finishing School series. Unfortunately, I've barely made a dent in the book because I can't get into it. I'm a bit bored, and I think this book might end up being a DNF

Do you have any idea what you'll read when you're done with that?
I desperately want to read Visions by Kelley Armstrong, the second book in her Cainsville series. Omens, the first book, was absolutely fucking brilliant. Unfortunately, I can't find an edition with the cover I like. Yes, I am one of those people. 

What are 5 books you have always wanted to read but haven't got round to?
Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen, Visions by Kelley Armstrong, Scarlet by A.C Gaughen, The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa, and A Tithe of Blood and Ashes by Alyxandra Harvey. 

What magazines do you have lying around your house right now?
I kind of hate magazines, but I do always have a copy of Elle lying around. I actually like that one, surprisingly. 

What's the worst book you've ever read?
That's like looking for one specific needle in a stack of hundreds of needles. Among the worst books I've read is the Bluebloods series by Melissa De la Cruz, Fallen series by Lauren Kate, and the Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick. However, the worst series I have ever read in my entire life is the House of Night series by P.C Cast. When I say that series was bad, I mean that series was absolutely awful.

What book seemed really popular but you didn't like?
Look, I don't really read books that are popular. It's mostly because by the time I get to reading it, the book has been completely spoiled for me and I now know exactly what's going to happen. I usually love spoilers, but when I can tell you exactly what happens in a book without having read said book, there's a problem.

What's the one book you always recommend to just about everyone?
Don't kill me, but I don't like recommending books to anyone ever. They'll read them wrong.

What are your three favourite poems? 
ANYTHING BY POE OR COLERIDGE. GO READ THEIR POETRY RIGHT NOW, I'LL WAIT. 

Where do you usually get your books?
I usually order them from Booktopia, but if I see a bookshop like QBD in the mall or a secondhand place I always stop and check out the books. I prefer not to shop at Dymocks because it's way too expensive.

Where do you usually read your books?
Wherever. As long as no one disturbs me, I'm good!

When you were little, did you have any particular reading habits?
I used to draw all over my books. Weirdly, I only graffitied them if they were hardcovers. 

What's the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn't put it down? 
I actually don't remember. I've been so busy staying up half the night doing schoolwork that I've not had a lot of time to read. That's the definition of hell, right there.

Have you ever "faked" reading a book?
Maybe.....

Have you ever bought a book just because you liked the cover?
I did this with Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong. Thank god the content was as good as the cover! Actually, all of Kelley's books are brilliant. 

What was your favourite book when you were a child?
I'm not sure, maybe The Enchanted Forest by Ida Rentoul Outhwaite or Tales from Martha B. Rabbit by Shirley Barber. 

What book changed your life?
The Drake Chronicles. Need I say more?

What is your favourite passage from a book?
Every word from all six Drake Chronicles books. As if I was going to say anything else.

Who are your top 5 favourite authors?
Alyxandra Harvey, Alyxandra Harvey, Alyxandra Harvey, Alyxandra Harvey, & Alyxandra Harvey.

What book has no one hear about but should read?
House of Comarré series by Kristen Painter. I rarely (if ever) recommend books to people, but you guys seriously need to read this series. 

What 3 books are you an "evangelist" for?
Not necessarily for specific books, more so for genres like paranormal and historical fiction.

What are your favourite books by a first-time author?
I have absolutely no idea.

What is your favourite classic book?
Jane Eyre, hands down. Absolutely no debate there. 

Five other notable mentions?
Oh I don't bloody know. My brain is fried, I'm writing this at 12:45am. Just go read as many books as you can, kids. Broaden your minds or something.

Feel free to do this tag yourself, and I'll talk to you all on Friday. Sorry about not posting on Monday. I'd give you an excuse, but the best one I've got is I was busy. That's pretty lame, so I'll think of a better one for next time.

~zì jiàn!~

No comments:

Post a Comment