Thursday 11 December 2014

The Best Christmas Movies | Blogmas Day 9


*not my image*
*not my image*
*not my image*
*not my image*

*not my image*
The Santa Clause: A classic, and a Christmas movie that I absolutely adored when I was younger, The Santa Clause still remains one of my favourite festive movies. I used to beg my parents to borrow it literally every time we went to Video Ezy (oh the good ol' days). It's not even the most amazing Christmas movie ever, I just know that I'll never want to part with it because it brings back so many memories.

The Santa Clause 2: Of course, I can't just have the first Santa Clause movie on my list, so here's the second one. I do love this one a little bit more than the first, because it was my favourite Christmas movie when I was little. I just bloody love it.

The Santa Clause 3: If I had the first two Santa Clause movies on my list, then deh this one is going on here too. I fucking love Jack Frost, and I think I might have had a little crush on him when I was little. He was just so sneaky, and icy, and awesome, and misunderstood, and it's no wonder I've fallen in love with Loki as well, huh? 

The Grinch: My most loved Christmas movie of all time has to be How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I don't know anyone who actually calls it that, as most people just shorten it to The Grinch. Who has time for long ass movie titles? Anyway, The Grinch has been my favourite festive film for the longest time, and I don't think that will ever change. It's got such a beautiful message, but don't we all watch it because we secretly want to live in Whoville (there's a Doctor Who reference in there somewhere)?

The Polar Express: Aw man, this movie is magical as fuck. That's probably the weirdest description I've used to express how much I love this movie, but hey. When I was younger, my family burned the Polar Express DVD after renting it, because we couldn't actually afford to buy it. Either way, who would burn a DVD for free instead of paying twenty bucks for it? Yes, I'm a cheapskate. Anyway, that really was pointless information, but it's just one of the many memories I have of watching this movie over and over again until I fell asleep.

I am no means the biggest fan of Christmas, in fact I tend to resent it for most of the year & festive season, but I have a soft spot for these five movies. I adore them because they're magical and capture everything that is Christmas (to me) in five movies. After writing this post, I really want to start singing the hot chocolate song from The Polar Express, so I think I'll go do that now. I'll see you all tomorrow with another blogpost - it's probably going to be something ridiculous tbh. Cya!

No comments:

Post a Comment