Friday 24 January 2014

Miscellaneous Friday: Vampire Academy TV Spot Trailer Review

March 13th couldn't get here any faster. To honour Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters' impending release, I thought I'd review the TV Spots floating around on the internet. I'm not sure why, but Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters has gotten next to no exposure in Australia. 

These trailers, although much shorter than the full length one, are so much better! After dissecting the original two trailers and obsessing over them, I'd kind of lost interest due to the lack of darkness and all that jazz. The two 30 second trailers are just. Oh. My. God. 

These stills were taken from both trailers, sorry about the quality of some of them!

The Saint Vlads campus layout. Awesome!
"We live in a world where the boogeymen are real."
The Strigoi's view of Saint Vlads from the caves. 
"They're coming."
Strigoi gathered in the caves. Nasty.
"I'm a guardian."
I feel like I should add a crown here. Lissa looks like a queen.
What's that calculating look for, Rose? You gonna blow something up?
Everyone applauding Lissa.
Alberta kicking the students' asses in training. Woo!
Stake training is supposed to be in the second movie, but it's okay. *swoon*
Those sneaky bitches. What are they up to?
Uh oh, who's that?
Lissa doing her thing with magic. 
The church attic!!!
Rose and Jesse makin' out. She looks thirsty.
These two. Oh my god.
BOOM.
Uh oh, Strigoi alert! Whatever shall we do?
Academy SUVs. 
*Insert terrified scream from Lissa…here.*
"Oh no."
Psi-hounds. I don't think these guys look very happy.
"Should I call for backup?" "No."
"Your life mission is to protect Lissa."
"You're gonna have to go through me."
"Did you have to hurt them?"
"Uh, you're welcome."
Welcome to Vampire Academy, everyone. 
See what I mean? The two TV spots are so much better than the other trailers. There's a darker element in these, and the focus isn't on high school drama, but more so on impending doom. Granted, there are no Strigoi keeping watch on the academy in the first book (that we know of), and I'm kind of scared that will be the only thing people take away from the movie. This first movie's main plot will hopefully be Rose doing what she thinks is best for Lissa & Lissa finding herself. I don't know. I'm just excited.

Pros
1) Action! We see a lot more action in these two trailers, and it makes me giddy with excitement. All the fight sequences shown in the trailers are awesome and feature kick-ass fighters.
2) The sarcasm isn't over the top or underdone, it's just right.
3) Darkness. Not the Spirit kind, the movie atmosphere kind. The marketing companies really did pay attention to the noise fans were making, and delivered two TV spots infinitely better than the other trailers.
4) Rose and Lissa. The acting we see in these TV spots is great! Zoey and Lucy (as far as I can tell) completely pulled it off, this makes me really excited to see the movie. 
5) Little touches. What I mean by this is those little details that make movies worth watching. For example, how awesome were the effects? Especially Rose's eyes when she was in Lissa's head.

Cons
1) The Strigoi. It really bugs me that the Strigoi play such a huge role in Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters. Of course, their role in the whole book series is big, but I'm scared that there's too much focus on them for the first movie.
2) There aren't any other cons I can think of for these trailers. The editing is a little choppy, but that's how most trailers are. There are small things I'm worried about when it comes to this film, but hopefully I'll be able to completely forget about them when I see the movie. 

Who else is excited to see the movie? Leave some comments below saying what scene you're most excited to see and which scene you're most nervous to see! 

~Au Revoir!~







No comments:

Post a Comment