Thursday 23 January 2014

Fanfiction Friday: Hex Hall

A Hex Hall Fanfiction: Jenna, Sophie & Archer

Disclaimer: I know, boring, but it has to be done. I don't own The Drake Chronicles and should in no way be affiliated with it, no copyright infringement intended. This story, however, is mine and I don't authorise people using any of the content on my blog without my permission. My fanfictions and stories are off limits, sorry! Enjoy this Hex Hall fanfic!
~~~~
Life at Hecate Hall was pretty quiet now that the end of the supernatural world was no longer a concern.
My best friend, Jenna, has never been the student body's favourite person. But now that word has gotten 'round about how she helped me save the school, people are being a little nicer. At least now Jenna doesn't have to deal with any bullying.
My boyfriend, Archer, who was in league with L'Occhio di Dio (the organisation that started all this mess) has been dealing with the fallout of people he thought were his family…ultimately stabbing him in the back. He's not got many friends on both sides, seeing as he's made a lot of enemies.
And there's me, Sophie Mercer. Brannick. Atherton. Whatever. The jury, or rather my parents, are still out on that one. I prefer Mercer, it's name I grew up with. Granted, the life I had before this mess could never compare with the life I lead now.
~~~~
"Mercer!" I was speed-walking across the quad to get out of the cold weather. I used to complain about our woollen skirts during summer, but in January they were the only things that kept me from freezing to death. Plus, my brown hair didn't hate the cold.
"Mercer, slow down!" it was Archer, trying to catch up to me. Technically he'd already graduated, but he was adamant about staying around another year.
"Huh? Oh, hey," I turned around and smiled at Archer. He looked really good even in his simple jeans, shirt, and jacket. His curly black hair looked perfect, as per ushe.
"Maybe I should get a siren or something, that way you'd at least turn around. Maybe a flame thrower? That'd be cool," Archer grinned, stepping closer until we were barely an inch apart. Normally, I wouldn't be caught dead outside when it was this cold, but Archer made it so much better. When he was around, the sucky weather wouldn't get to me.
"Well, it's freezing. I just don't fancy hanging out when it's going to rain any second."
"It really isn't that cold. You're just used to it being hot all the time. What about when we went to England?" Archer mentioned it so casually, like it could have been a romantic getaway or something. It was so much worse than that.
"English weather is different to Georgian weather," I grumbled, turning away. He was right, this cold would probably only last another day or so. "I'm going inside, coming?"
Archer nodded, taking a few steps so he was walking next to me. Then, as if he wasn't being sexy enough, put his arm around me. "Still cold?"
Shaking my head numbly, I wrapped my arms around him. It could totally be justified because I was cold, but in reality I just wanted to be closer to him.

Opening the door to my dorm room, I kind of regretted being so desperate to get out of the cold. Staying in the commons hadn't been an option because of all the creepy looks Archer and I got despite it being months since the whole end of the world thing. But it looked like there'd been a pink explosion in mine & Jenna's room. Apparently, due to the weather, it was the perfect time for Jenna to redecorate the room by adding even more hot pink.
"Jesus christ, Jenna. Did you save some pink for the rest of the world?" Archer inquired as he stepped over various fury pink things to get to my bed. What even were they? "At least you haven't touched Sophie's bed, I don't think I'd be able to sit here if you had."
"You're an ass, Archer," said Jenna, grinning. These two hadn't exactly been huge fans of each other, but they'd mostly gotten over it and now acted like brother and sister. It was nice, but sometimes infuriating.
"But you love me, right? You do."
"Mmm, nah," Jenna shook her head, hanging more pink dream catchers over her bed. It should've looked tacky, but they looked really cool. "I'll leave the lovin' to her," she added, nodding at me.
"Don't let my parents hear you say that. They'd die of heart attacks or something," I said.

This all felt so normal. And while it was nice, it was also really creepy. Sitting on my bed with Archer, half-assedly doing homework while Jenna pinkified the room. It was just another day, and that's what I found so odd about it. "Curiouser and curiouser," I mumbled.
"Huh?" Jenna asked. She'd taken a break from adding more dangly pink things to the ceiling (for which I was grateful, pink bells, really?) and was now just chilling on her bed.
"Nothing," I smiled. I'd been doing so well with all the pressure from the past year that I was due any week for a disgusting movie style break down. Complete with kicking, screaming, and crazy ranting. Why hadn't something gone wrong? It was so surreal to have everything perfect in my life. I still didn't need to worry about being head of the Council, and was only just starting to prepare for college.

"You have a weird look on your face," Jenna commented, looking up from a magazine.
"I do? Huh."
"That's all? No jokes about me having a weird face too? Are you okay? Are you dying?"
I rolled my eyes. "Ha ha. I'm not dying, and I'm fine. But don't you guys find it weird?"
I got blank looks from both Archer and Jenna. "Find what weird?" Archer asked. He was probably just humouring me, since I tend to be a little overdramatic about everything.
"Literally nothing has happened since Hex Hall was reopened. Nothing has gone wrong, why? Why hasn't some descendent of the Casnoffs shown up out of no where and burnt the school to the ground?" I wondered. It had been on my mind for a while.
"Maybe because we're just that awesome? I don't know, I guess I've been avoiding thinking about all that stuff. It's easier then wallowing in self pity," Archer said, not unkindly. I relaxed into him on the bed. He was so warm, he was solid, he was there. 

"Hey! Group hug!" Jenna was tiny, even compared to me and I was barely five feet tall, but she could hug you until all your bones were ground into a pulp. "Aren't group hugs nice? Oh, and Soph, if you jinxed us with all that talk of impending doom I will seriously hurt you."
"Oh, shit. I totally did just jinx us," I mumbled. I don't think either of them heard me, seeing as they were too busy seeing who could kill the other first. I just happened to be caught in the middle. "Jenna, I don't think you'll have to worry about hurting me. You and Archer are killing me, I think I might explode if you guys squeeze any harder."
"Dirty?" Archer said this as a question. Like he wasn't quite sure that what I'd said was in fact dirty. I didn't care, I hugged them both harder. It made me feel so loved to have them in my life. I had my family, and other friends at Hex Hall, but I wouldn't ever find another spunky Jenna or smouldering Archer.

When we finally broke part, Archer planted a firm kiss on my lips. It wasn't like the various good bye kisses we'd shared when I wanted to throw up and cry. It wasn't like the hot make out sessions we'd had, nor was it like an awkward first kiss. His lips felt so right on mine, so when I kissed him back I felt whole. I didn't ever want to move from that spot, needing him to be with me all the time and never letting go. Of course, Jenna's fake cough brought Archer and I back to reality. Mostly.
"I'm gonna call Vix, that way I won't be the lonely third wheel," Jenna jokingly wiped a few tears away from her face and left the room, grinning. "She promised she'd spend February at Hex Hell!" Jenna poked her head in the door again, and then left in a whirlwind of pink.
"Jenna really loves Vix, doesn't she?" Archer hugged me close, and I couldn't help but feel there was a double meaning to his question.
"Oh, yeah. She really does."
~~~~
I hope you guys enjoyed my Hex Hall fanfic! It's not my best, but I enjoyed writing it and have been meaning to for a long time. In this fanfiction I really wanted to bring out Sophie's awkward, uncertain side and have less sarcasm. That sarcastic facade she puts up around people is a defense mechanism and I didn't feel like she had to put that up around two of the people she loves most. I know I didn't mention Cal, but truth be told I physically couldn't. Too many feels. I hope you liked my Jenopher (JennaXSophieXArcher… does that even work?) fanfic, they're my Hex Hall OT3!

~Au Revoir!~





No comments:

Post a Comment