Wednesday 10 July 2013

June Favourites!

Hello everyone!
Here's another monthly favourites post for you all, so lets just dive right. But before we go for a swim I'll quickly apologise for being MIA the past week or so. I'd like to say I have an excuse, but I was just too behind in school work and I wasn't very inspired to blog. I hope I'm off the hook with that not-so-smooth apology... let's just continue... 

Favourite Movie
Alice in Wonderland, of course! It's marvellous, no exceptions (starts singing the unbirthday song). I know a lot of people might say "Haha, ew! You're too old for Disney!" NO, STOP RIGHT THERE! Nobody (and I mean nobody) is too old for a Disney classic.

Favourite Band/Artist
For this, I must say Evanescence. 
I have to, because this month it's like I've fallen in love with them all over again. I'm ashamed to say (well, write) that I did sort of stop listening to Evanescence for a few months... I know, I'm as upset as the next Ev fan. 

Favourite Song
This isn't a hard one, not at all. Obviously (well, it's obvious to me at least) my favourite song throughout the whole of June has been Khe Sanh by Cold Chisel (not counting My Last Breath by Evanescence). It's a brilliant song by a brilliant Australian rock band. I don't think I've mentioned on my blog but I love Jimmy Barnes, just love him. 
Is it weird that I'm in love with this photo?
Favourite Scent
I honestly don't change up my perfumes/deodorants/body sprays much because I can never find one that I like. But throughout June there was one stand out: Lynx Anarchy For Her. I'm terrible at describing scents, so CLICK HERE for some details.


Favourite TV Show
I don't know if I really have a favourite TV Show for May, at least not one that's really stood out. OH WAIT, YES I DO! The Big Bang Theory! It makes me laugh! I've been re-watching episodes on youtube and whenever it's on TV. Love, love, love. 
I found this on Google Images - isn't it just the coolest thing you've EVER seen?
Favourite Food
MINT SLICE IS THE GREATEST FOOD ON THE PLANET! I would die of happiness if I won an infinitive amount of Mint Slices (and of... you know... eating a ridiculous amount of biscuits). For those of you who don't know what they are, they're an Australian chocolate covered biscuit with minty flavoured goodness inside. 

Favourite Quote
Yes, I added a new little segment to my Annual Favourites. I thought it'd be nice to add something like this, but not just because I have so many lovely quotes I want to share! Okay... maybe just for that reason... Anyway! My favourite quote is "Cogito Ergo Sum" which translated from Latin means, I think, Therefore I am. It's a nicer way of saying if you think you're stupid, then you won't try to be smarter and you'll just end up stupid; if you think you're fat, you'll keep eating and end up fat etc etc. It's much more "dramatic" and philosophical then that but oh well!

Favourite makeup/skincare product
I actually have a favourite makeup product to share with you all! No, I'm not kidding! It's the Maybelline Full 'n' Soft Waterproof Mascara in black. Now, to a beauty guru this mascara may totally suck. However, I am not a beauty guru. I just wanted a nice mascara that made my lashes look a lot more fuller and darker, which is exactly what I got. The fact that it's waterproof is also a selling point!

Last but not least: Favourite Book
June (for me at least) was a month filled with the classics like Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights & Sense and Sensibility. I also started reading Pride and Prejudice in audio form. But I decided to choose Vampires, a Bite-Sized History by Judyth A. Mcleod. It's a fascinating little book covering the vampire phenomenon!
Can anyone see my chipped nail polish? 
That's all for my monthly favourites! Apologies for the dodgy lighting & editing, it just wasn't a good day for photos, or for my camera. I hope you liked reading about my favourite things, but I'd also love to read about yours! Leave them in the comments! If you want me to review anything from today's post, let me know!

~Au Revoir!~

No comments:

Post a Comment