Thursday 13 June 2013

An update, and a few embarrassing moments!

Well, hi there!
I'm really sorry that I haven't been posting for a few weeks. But the seven assignments I had, two tests, and the fact that I've been a bit under the weather will hopefully be good enough excuses. Speaking of the weather, it really hasn't been that great lately - I love it though! Don't ask me why, I've got always loved the rain and the cold. Must have something to do with having such a cold and dark personality... 
Kidding! Wow, I'm already talking about the weather, but don't worry, I'm definitely not bored with you. 

Alright, so I've been struggling with coming up with ideas for a blogpost, but this evening while on Youtube I got an idea. While watching a Sprinkleofglitter video (link below), where Louise talked about a very embarrassing moment I thought I'd write a blogpost on the same topic. Enjoy!

Some of my embarrassing moments... Some... Well, to be honest I've done a lot of embarrassing things in my years. For example, the time I had a hole in my pants but had NO idea, so I walked around school all day with people laughing at my butt. Or the time I thought some guy liked me, so I confronted him at school and had quite a few people smirking when said guy mentioned that it wasn't me he had a thing for - ha, just like on Gilmore Girls when Rory confronts some guy in the cafeteria. 

Let's start with something that happened to me when I was twelve, shall we?
Picture this, you're in assembly with basically all the kids in your school (I go to a school with kids from K - 10, assemblies just have 6 - 10) when whoever's hosting the assembly asks all year sixes to stand up and head outside where you will discuss what electives you'd like to be in for this semester. Little Jesse was off with the pixies thinking about doing art as her elective, when another girl called out to her and said "Jesse! Are you doing the sport elective too?" Little Jesse immediately stood up, because sport was not her cup of tea and bolted for the door. Little Jesse dashed a mere two metres from her spot on the floor when she tripped over her much-too-long navy blue pants... 
And fell flat on her face..
Limbs flailing...
Looking like a circus freak, or a fish out of water, or something to that effect...
Once Jesse was done making my spectacular fail, she looked around and for a second thought  Yes! No one noticed! But no, of course everyone noticed, Jesse was informed of this when she turned around to see everyone around me dying of laughter, while everyone else was smirking and grinning. It was quite a traumatic experience, I must say.

The last embarrassing moment has something to do with my  favourite band ever, Evanescence. In class, I was listening to my iPod when Taking Over Me came on. I got a bit excited and started to hum along to the lyrics. That shouldn't be a problem right? Well, my earphones are noise reducing so you can't hear anything around you, so I couldn't hear myself. At first Billy (a good friend) just nudged me telling me to be quiet. 
I was. 
For about a minute and then Tourniquet started playing. I couldn't not sing along, because it's one of my favourite songs ever, so I was singing along all happy and just in a pretty good mood. Remember how I said my earphones are noise reducing? Yeah, they work really well, because apparently I was singing so loud and not-so-great that my maths teacher was giving me very dirty looks (she doesn't like me much...). I was oblivious so I kept on singing, basically having the time of my life, while everyone was also having a pretty good time laughing at me. I honestly don't know how I didn't realise I was singing loudly, or that everyone was laughing. What I did notice, however, was my best friend dumping a full & open packet of chips on my head, and a little bit of water. 
Just to shut me up... Rude much? 
It was funny, wet, and gross all at the same time. I got in trouble for disturbing the class, and my friend got detention for... well... dumping food on my head. That was not fun, because I couldn't get it all out of my hair and was basically walking around with gross, sticky hair for the rest of the day. 

I think I've left you with enough embarrassing moments for now, I was bright red just typing them... I'm not sure why, but reliving those moments over wasn't a big thrill. If you'd like, please leave a comment and tell your most embarrassing stories so we can feel embarrassed together. (Does anyone remember when in Fall of Night by Rachel Caine, Shane sends Claire a video message and says "We'll be lonely together?" OMG!)

~Au Revoir!~
P.S I'll be adding a new page to my blog with photos soon... eventually... Just as soon as I find some good pictures, sort of like a timeline. Any big events will also be documented on my photo page as well!

Links: 

No comments:

Post a Comment