Thursday 13 June 2013

May Favourites - sorry it's late!

Hello everyone!
Before I get on with the actual subject of the post, I thought I'd point out that it's been really hard for me to post weekly or twice a week like I'd originally planned. School has taken a tole and I'm only just starting to get a break from all the crazy work we've got. So for a while at least, I'll probably write a bunch of blogpost within a 2 - 3 day period and just put them up so at least I don't go months without posting. Does that make sense? Also, one more thing, instead of typing "link below" after everything that has a link I'm just going to put an astrix (*) next to it!

I was actually quite reluctant to write this particular blogpost, I'm not sure why, I just wasn't feeling it - but oh well! Just as I uploaded my previous post (link below), I decided, why not.

Favourite Movie
Mean Girls*: I was never a fan of this movie before, but during May a friend slept over at my house and made me watch a lot of moves - one of which being Mean Girls. I've kind of fallen in love with it! The character of Cady Heron gets sucked into girl world, and has a hard time pulling herself back out.

Favourite Band/Artist
For this particular option, I was torn. There are so many great bands out there that I really wanted to pick all of them, but I couldn't. Evanescence will always be my favourite band, but a group that I've been obsessing over last month is Stitched Up Heart*. I absolutely love their music, although it might not be for everyone because it's quite dark and "screamo" if you will. I really hate that label, but oh well. I've had a lot of trouble finding all their music on iTunes, but Youtube is my second home after all!

Favourite Song
Trampoline* by NeverShoutNever*, of course! It's an adorable song, and I just love it to death. This indie pop band plays music that I usually despise, but this band... this band is an exception! Trampoline is a great song, and I thoroughly encourage that you give it a listen.

Favourite TV Show
I don't really watch a lot of TV to be honest, I prefer re-watching DVD's and listening to music, oh and going on Youtube. But of course, my favourite TV show for May has to be Gilmore Girls*. I don't even go a fortnight without watching it! Although, while re-watching the series for the hundredth time I've kind of fallen out of love with Rory... Is that a bad thing? 

Favourite Food/Drink
I'm a big fan of food, and yes I know we need it to survive. But I'm a huge fan, so it's more or less impossible to pick just one favourite food and drink item. However my favourite drink has got to be iced coffee - it's delicious! My favourite food? Tricky... But I'm going to go with cheese. I don't know why, but during May I ate a lot of grated cheese. And of course I loooove Chinese food!

Favourite makeup/skincare product
I'm not one for makeup, I just don't have the time for it and can't really be bothered. There's also the fact that I have no skill with makeup whatsoever, but that's a minuscule detail! My favourite skincare product is the Vaseline Total Moisture Aloe Fresh 24 hr Nourishing Lotion. It smells absolutely delicious, a cucumber and mint smell or something... It's just one of those gorgeous green smells that I love! It is also very moisturising, which is great for me particularly as it's getting colder here in Australia. 

Favourite Scent
The Impulse Maybe... Daily Fragrance in raspberry & jasmine. Oh my gosh, is all I could say when I first bought it because it smells so delicious. Raspberries are possibly my favourite scent when it comes to scented things (that didn't sound repetitive or anything). 

Favourite Book(s)
I managed to narrow it down to one favourite band, but there is no way that I could narrow down my Favourite Book of May to just one... So here's the list!
- The Morganville Vampires Series*
- Jane Eyre*
- Downside Ghosts*
I've read them all multiple times, but you can't ever read a book too many times can you?

Favourite Item of Clothing
Why not add this in? My favourite item of clothing has to be my combat boots*, and yes I do realise that they are shoes not clothing! They're just amazing and I love 'em. I bought them off Ebay in December, and thought that I'd buy another pair after a few months but guess what? Although the seller is going to keep them listed and just keep restocking the item, they never have my size. 

That's all for my monthly favourites! Sorry it's a week late, but better late than never. Also, the actual Favourites might vary slightly. For example, if I don't have a favourite book for June, that section won't be included in the June Favourites etc etc. I hope you liked reading about my favourite things, but I'd also love to read about yours! Leave them in the comments!

~Au Revoir!~

Links:













No comments:

Post a Comment