Friday 7 November 2014

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters | Review

Pink Truffle 
Red Velvet 
Wild Watermelon 
Tutti Frutti (my favourite!)
L to R: Wild Watermelon, Red Velvet, Pink Truffle (swatched in the sun)
Tutti Frutti (swatched in the sun)
L to R: Wild Watermelon, Red Velvet, Pink Truffle (swatched in the shade)
Tutti Frutti (swatched in the shade)
Guess who's jumping on the Revlon Lip Butters hype train? Me! Sorry, I'm not usually a follower, but I'd follow these babies to the end of the earth. Yes, I know that sounds weird, but that's how I feel about them. My go-to lip products, the best of the best, perfection. Do I sound slightly mental?

Let's get down to it, shall we? I picked up Wild Watermelon, Red Velvet, and Pink Truffle a month or two ago. Tutti Frutti hopped into my basket when I was shopping in Target today (without my permission, mind you). I must say that I never thought I'd be so infatuated with this little gems when I first bought them, and I was actually really reluctant to do so. I mean, $22 for one lip butter? How much do those assholes feel like ripping us off?

Another disadvantage to these babies is that they're no where near long lasting. After an hour and a half (maybe a little less), I have to reapply because the lip butters fade. They don't fade in a patchy way, more so they fade towards the edge so you've only got colour on the edges of your lips. Needless to say, I look a bit like a clown when that happens (especially if I'm wearing Tutti Frutti!). Other than that, I have no bad things to say. 

The colour payoff is perfect, and just how I like it. Not quite opaque, but still beautiful. They basically glide onto my lips, feeling creamy and soft, so I don't have to worry about my lips looking gross and dry. Of course, they're not an actual balm, so they're not as moisturising as one, but I'm still very impressed. These lip butters were an unabashed success in my book, and I'm very glad that (despite the price) they've ended up in my little collection. 

~Au Revoir!~

No comments:

Post a Comment