Monday 31 March 2014

Book Nerd Monday: Fangirling over Illium

I'm a huge fan of the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh, and although I'm not sure who made this fan art, the artist managed to sum up this series pretty damn well in one picture. 

Holy shit look at Illium he looks adorable god dammit. I know he's like, a lot older than me, but if he was real I'd be debating making a move. Who wouldn't? If you said that you wouldn't want to be with Illium, then you're lying. If you said that you don't like this series, you're either lying or haven't read it yet.

My favourite part of this phenomenal six book series is obviously the whole thing, I don't think I could single out one little bit. I love the topsy turvy relationship between vampires, humans & angels. I think the thing I respect the most about the angel portion of the series is how well Nalini portrayed the ageing process. You could clearly grasp how an angel changed not only physically, but also emotionally, as you got to know that angel. RESPECT.

Back to my fangirling. Why did this amazing series have to end?!?!? It ended too soon!!! Too soon, I say!!! I hope we get a short story or something in the future, just to see how Elena and Raphael are doing. To be honest, they're the perfect couple because they balance each other out. It's not the guy constantly being overprotective of the girl, and if he is Raphael has good reason to. Elena fights many of Raphael's choices, usually because she's a strong independent woman and don't need no man.

LOOK AT ALL THIS FANTABULOUS FANART I FOUND! LOOK AT IT!
Although I'm not usually a big fan of this particular style, I love that weird grin Illium's got going
on - plus I'm so glad the artist included his sword.  
This is just so cute, ya know? Looooooove it!
This is my favourite piece of Guild Hunter fan art I've ever seen. Nothing
has captured Elena quite so perfectly. I mean for f*cks sake, look at those
wings.
#LoveHateRelationhsipWithDmitri

~AuRevoir!~

P.S I never knew that there was going to be an Archangel's Shadows?! I don't know if I'll read it, seeing as the other two books that weren't centred around Elena and Raphael weren't as enjoyable for me (Archangel's Storm: DNF). Still, hard not to be excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment