Tuesday 7 May 2013

A not-so-chipper topic: Regrets

Today's post (woohoo! My third in two days! *does a happy dance*) is on a similar vein to my "Confidence" post. However, it's a little less chipper.
Regrets.
We all have them. Even those way too upbeat people that say things like "I don't believe in regrets," because that's a lie. There are little regrets, like staying home from school and missing out on a great day; there are big regrets, like saying yes to a marriage proposal.

But what about those things you don't do, but don't understand why you avoid them in the first place? -- this is so so so annoying.
An (albeit, odd) example: I hate sports. I hate most physical activity with a passion, i don't know why, I'm just not a very sporty person. But the funny thing is, I really regret it. I regret missing out on the school sports carnivals and running around, and hanging out with my friends -- certainly not the first person to point it out. When I graduate, all my friends will be giggling over that one guy slipping over in mud during cross country - and I'll be left out. There was also my year 7 camp (we didn't actually go camping!), I went, but it was like I wasn't there. I didn't participate in most of the activities, didn't go to the disco or on the flying fox. Granted, there was a "friend" of mine that would literally not let me out of her sight (creepy and annoying!), but that's not much of an excuse.
I don't understand why I didn't join in, however.

It would have been so freaking amazing if I'd just said yes. I wouldn't be regretting it now! It's been close to two years since then, and I still don't know why I didn't have a go. Yes I hate sports, but I still would've had fun. I'm not afraid of the dark, or heights or anything similar - so WHY?
I'm totally clueless, and feel slightly stupid for missing out on such great opportunities during middle school and the start of high school. But, luckily for me, there's one thing I can try: just say yes! Similar to Zoella (links below), I'm shoving my regrets and worries away and saying yes to anything (legal...) that comes my way. It's completely worth it, even if i'm nervous at first.
I'd love to hear your stories about regrets and things like that so I don't feel so alone ;) Leave comments below, follow me, etc etc!

Au revoir!
~~~~
Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment