Monday 6 May 2013

A Drake Chronicles Fanfiction!

I wrote this some time late last year... Thought I'd post it on my blog. This fanfiction is written in the character Hunter's P.O.V :-)

We kept walking... I didn’t even know where, all I knew was that two of my friends were practically dragging me through the outskirts of the Violet Hill Carnival at night. And with the Hel Blar (the worst vampires of all, with blue tinted skin and a mouthful of fangs) roaming the streets, this was the most idiotic plan imaginable. Jason had even made me dress up in brown wedges and a dark blue sundress, which complimented my blonde hair and blue eyes.
I knew I looked good.
Chloe hadn’t said much, but the glint in her chocolate brown eyes made me think they were planning something - something I so wasn’t going to like.
“Where are we going?” I asked, almost getting hit in the face by an oak tree branch. Damn.
“You’ll find out soon enough, Hunter!” Chloe was practically singing, which was way more scary than any vampire. I grunted a response and tested my friends’ grip on my arms by lightly tugging back. Of course, that only made them hold on more viciously. But I didn’t have time to do a decent roundhouse kick on their asses, or use their hands as leverage to flip them off me - because standing barely ten feet away from us, slightly obscured by trees, were Quinn and Marcus. Two of the infamous Drake brothers.

“The hell, you guys?” I practically screamed.
Quinn... Why was he here? He shouldn’t be, as a recently turned vampire (or not that recently) he shouldn’t have such good control over himself around all these people. If he’s here to try to get me back, I thought, the only thing he’ll get is my fist.
To his face.
Or maybe my wedges, to his balls.
I obviously had a very scary look on my face because my tough vampire boyfriend (ex?) was squirming. If only I had a camera, I would’ve shown a photo of that to Lucy - she would have loved it. Quinn had the nerve to look down into my eyes and eventually, slowly, step forward towards me, a Helios Ra agent in training.
A Helios Ra agent in training hopelessly in love with a vampire, cliché much?
“Hunter...” he trailing off.
“What?” this time I definitely did shout. I was angry at him, and my friends for leading me here - but looking into his blue eyes and at his long dark hair made it harder. At least he wasn’t shirtless, because there’s no doubt I would’ve lost that battle.
“Why are you here?” I shot him my best Helena Drake glare.
“Are you kidding? No matter how scary you are, I can barely go a day without hearing your voice or thinking about you. It’s like I’m bloody Logan!” he whispered furiously. Even when he was angry, he talked good. The whispering, however, was pointless because Marcus could here everything we said.
“You’ve gone four days without seeing me, Quinn,” I, too, whispered.
Jason looked uncomfortable, so Chloe made up an excuse about doing some surveillance and left. They weren’t normally so boring, maybe Jason would’ve stayed if Sebastian was here.
Fun times, I thought sarcastically.
“Obviously you’re not going anywhere, so talk fast. I’d like to salvage the rest of my night if I can,” I snapped. I could’ve been nicer, but I’d had a crappy day at the academy, lost three nights sleep over Quinn, and had been kidnapped by the some of the most powerful vampire families. Being a teenager just plain bites, no pun intended.

Marcus smirked at me, aggravating me to no end. The science whizz of the Drake clan must’ve been paying close attention to my heart rate and would’ve sensed my heart skipping beats. I can’t help it if Quinn is infuriating and hot.
“Why are you here by the way? Why didn’t Conner, you know, his twin come?” I asked sarcastically.
“Oh, Hunter, you wound me,” Marcus mocked, “Besides, Conner’s using his computer mojo to fix dad’s laptop.”
I nodded, then looked at Quinn expectantly.
“Shit, I’m sorry okay? Please don’t make me say it again,” he looked at his brother for help, but Marcus declined his request.
“Quinn Drake! If you don’t have the vampire balls to apologise to me on your own then fine. But do not use one of your brothers to get out of trouble with me,” I cocked an eyebrow and turned on my heal.
Three, two, one, like clockwork. He grabbed my arm and twirled me around to face him. I narrowly avoided smashing my nose into his chest.
Damn. Stupid. Vampires!
“I am saying sorry. Sorry for turning in Jenna and Lucy to the Raktapa council to save your very cute ass. I don’t regret it, but I know you want me to rot in hell for it.”
“No shit! I don’t care if they volunteered, okay? You turned in one of my best friends, as if that wasn’t bad enough. But then decide to throw your own sister’s best friend into the equation? Lucy is also Nicholas’s girlfriend, so you’ve seriously screwed up here. You do know that right? How Nicholas can stand being around you after almost losing Lucy again is beyond me,” I was babbling, but Quinn had that effect on me.
“You didn’t die, Jenna didn’t die, and nor did Lucy. So everything worked itself out in the end.”
“That is so not the point!”
“What is the point?”
I didn’t reply, partly because I had no answer, and partly because I didn’t really want to say anything. This whole thing was so messed up, and anything I say would just make it worse.
“I’m sorry,” Quinn reiterated.
“I know.”
“I just couldn’t stand the thought of you being, you know, dead.
Before I could think of something to reply with to that sad statement, Marcus interrupted with a wolf whistle. “While this is all well and good, I just want to say that I have never seen Quinn quite so hooked on a girl. You should probably forgive him and go make up,” the older Drake brother smirked a little.
“Oh shut up, if you help him I’m not going to have any chance of standing my ground. Two Drake brothers are harder to resist than one!” the childish comment slipped out before I could stop it.
It did, however, earn me a smile from Quinn - where had his patented smirk gone anyway? He stepped closer, being very careful not to touch me. Like I might singe him with the rage pouring off me.

“I really want to kiss you now,” Quinn stated.
“You’re off your game Lestat. Usually you just wrap your arms around me and give me a smouldering glance.”
“I’m trying something new, Buffy.”
The banter only eased the tension around us slightly, but at least we could slip back into our old routine. However, that old routine could hardly compete with the way he kissed. At first, it was light and gentle - but it soon turned darker and much more passionate. As his tongue caressed mine and our lips moved together, his hands trailed up my body to rest somewhere on my back.

“Have you forgiven him yet? Because Nicholas needs the bikes to pick up Lucy and Solange. They took a walk and ended up fighting off a few Hel Blar,” Marcus piped up.
I wasn’t embarrassed that Marcus had witnessed our kiss, more annoyed that he’d stopped it.
“I have to go too,” I pulled out of Quinn’s embrace reluctantly.
“Oh, come on. We weren’t done making up,” murmured Quinn.
I grinned at him before adding, “We’re in crisis mode.”
I hugged him tightly and walked off to find my two hunter companions. As I turned away I heard the brothers mutter, “Aren’t we always?”
I smiled to myself, and replied to no one, “Of course.”
But Quinn heard me, he always did.
No matter where I was, he was there for me.
I loved that, and no matter how much it mortified my Grandpa, I loved Quinn too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment