Friday 2 May 2014

Miscellaneous Friday: Having My Voice Heard

When I started my blog, it was a combination of 3am boredom and my good friend convincing me to do it. For a while I didn't take it seriously; blogging whenever I felt like it, about things I wasn't totally passionate about. As 2013 moved on, I would occasionally feel waves of emotions. I felt very closed in, like I didn't have a way to express myself or share my point of view with anyone who really cared. 

I had a group of very good friends whom I learnt very important lessons by being with, but I didn't talk to them because I didn't feel like they were the people I really connected with. I do that a lot actually, thinking I could get along with people but suddenly realising that we never connected. Does that make sense? Basically, I felt like there was no platform for me to speak my mind. I wanted to find some place I could voice my opinion and reach out to people with similar views.

The internet is freakin' brilliant for this. Once I started taking Gypsies and Pixies seriously, I felt happier because I was sharing my thoughts with people that might feel the same way. I mean I'm pretty sure I could count the people that read my blog on my hands, but it still means a lot that there's people out there who care enough to read stuff I write.

I appreciate it a lot. That giddy, fuzzy feeling I get when someone comments or talks about my blog on social media. It's just the nicest thing. I know I didn't start my blog just to get this feeling or be internet famous, or any other reason other than boredom. As time progressed and the more I wanted to inspire or share my thoughts with people, the more Gypsies and Pixies grew into another part of me. I've been thinking about expanding the Gypsies and Pixies world into Youtube as well, although I'm absolutely terrified of putting myself out there like that as well as the time I'd put into it.. What I mean by that is I tend to get obsessed with one thing at a time and put way too much effort into something that ends up being totally pointless. I'd love to be a lot more vocal in what I talk about on my blog by actually using my voice, rather than my keyboard.

If I started a Youtube channel, it would probably be about the same stuff on my blog, but with more depth and more humour. Honestly, it's so hard to be funny without actually saying it. I must come across as a bumbling idiot. Nevertheless, I'd really love to start a channel and think that it'd be a great way to reach out to people like me. Faaabulooouuuuus!!!! Okay, that's maybe not the right word.

I'd also like to address something else; my complete lack of posting the past few weeks. I don't want to make excuses, because I don't really have any apart from lack of inspiration and things like that. The long hiatus has come to an end, although I don't think I'll be posting very regularly for a while due to absolutely crazy workloads at school. I'm so sorry!

~Au Revoir!~

No comments:

Post a Comment