Friday 11 April 2014

Miscellaneous Friday: Being Positive about Anxiety

What is anxiety? Basically, it's a feeling of worry, nervousness or unease about something with an uncertain outcome. At least, that's what Google says. To be honest, I don't really know how to describe anxiety as it's a very weird and touchy subject. There are lots of different types of anxiety; you can have a severe anxiety disorder (it makes me cringe to say that), you can just be anxious about an upcoming assignment - so many different aspects of anxiety.

Originally I was going to go into a lot more depth about anxiety, but that's really not something I'm very qualified to do. I also never really listened when people told me what anxiety is because this whole thing just freaks me out. Instead, I thought I'd find some cute pictures and quotes 'n' things to do with anxiety. I hope this collection will make you all smile! xx

I guess this is something that can be applied to most forms of anxiety. We put being happy on hold so we can crawl into a little hole of safety and comfort. It's sucky, and it makes me feel different and weird.

We should be making the most of the times when we feel less anxious! That often means looking past the anxiety and looking forward to the happiness you can feel.

I feel like fear really is a lie we tell ourselves as an excuse to not do something. Being scared doesn't mean we shouldn't do something, it just means that whatever we choose to do will be a massive experience. 

You've got to get back on the horse, you've got to keep on through the storm. I wonder how many clichés I could come up with? 

Berry true, berry true. Planning and thorough organising isn't always a good idea for anxious people because deadlines tend to increase the anxiety. Sometimes it's nice to just see how things go.

This doesn't necessarily apply to anxiety specifically, but I feel like these are things that will make you happy. Being happy is seen as such a small thing, but it's really big and important. Anything can help you cope with anxiety, and sometimes all you need is a little dose of happiness.

When it comes to anxiety, the only thing you can do that will (in time) make you feel better is being positive. 

You're only as tall as your heart will let you be
And you're only as small as the world will make you seem
When the going gets rough and you feel like you may fall
Just look on the bright side - you're roughly six feet tall
~ On the Bright Side by Never Shout Never ~

~Au Revoir!~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment